Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Pamper Routine

With finals week coming up, it's nice to take time to pamper yourself. Spending precious minutes on skincare may seem like the last thing you should do when you have 4 exams to study for, but it's important for both your mental and physical health to enjoy some self-care and relaxation. Even a quick pamper can be super refreshing and rejuvenating! Keep reading to see what I like to do when I set aside time to treat myself.

(my apologies for the smudgy mirror)

1. Preparation. I like to start things out with a relaxed ambiance and a clean canvas. For me, this means lighting a candle, turning on my fairy lights, and grabbing a glass of water or a cup of tea. In terms of skin and body care, I make sure any gross/chipped nail polish is removed and that my nails are neatly trimmed. For some reason I just feel so much cleaner and more presentable if my nails are taken care of! To finish off the "Preparation" stage, I use a gentle cleanser to wash my face.

2. Face Mask. A deep-cleansing mud mask is a great way to make your skin feel like new. This one is available at the drugstore for under $10. Another one of my favorites is this minty one from Lush that leaves my skin tingly and fresh. Their fresh face masks are also worth trying, as they are made with the freshest (hence the name) ingredients and target specific skin concerns, like acne, dry skin, dullness, etc.

3. Hair Mask. While the face mask is drying, I'll go ahead and apply a hair mask directly on my dry hair. I'm well overdue for a trim, so it's nice to treat my dry ends with something really moisturizing. This deep conditioner from Aussie is a mere $3, smells heavenly, and gets the job done. There are also a ton of cheap DIY hair masks on Pinterest to explore that include ingredients you may already have in your cabinets, like coconut oil.

4. Exfoliate. After letting the masks absorb for a good 10-15 minutes, I'll hop in the shower to rinse everything off and exfoliate my body. I love this body scrub from Lush- it's very gritty but also packed with a ton of hydrating oils, allowing you to buff away dead skin and moisture your body simultaneously. 

5. Moisturize. Despite the Lush body scrub's hydrating qualities, I still like to follow up my shower with plenty of moisturizer. Depending on what mood I'm in, I'll either use this lotion from Soap and Glory (which smells like delicious brown sugar and vanilla) or this massage bar from Lush that smells very fresh and citrusy. The Lush bar is quite oily, so I tend to gravitate toward it on particularly dry skin days. For my face, this cream from Clinique is perfect for replenishing skin after a deep-cleansing mask. Lastly, I'll apply hand cream and cuticle butter to ensure every inch of my skin has been taken care of.

6. Relax! Pamper evenings are the best time to sit back and do whatever it is that makes you feel relaxed, whether it's watching Netflix, journaling, coloring, or reading. Your mind and body will thank you the next day, and I guarantee you'll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment