Friday, January 20, 2017

New Revlon ColorStay Crème Eyeshadow Review

*Click here for a tutorial using this product!*

I love a well-made cream eyeshadow. They are great for low-maintenance makeup days when you just want to apply a quick wash of color to the lid, no brushes needed. I first saw these new shadows from Revlon featured on Tati's channel, and she totally convinced me that I needed them. I ran over to the nearest CVS shortly after and purchased 2 shades, as Revlon was BOGO 75% off at the time (CVS always has promotions on its cosmetics brands, so be on the lookout). Needless to say, I was so impressed!


710 Caramel is a beautiful bronze shade that reminds me of the ever-famous Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. My Color Tattoo, however, dried up super quickly, so I'm hoping Revlon will be my saving grace here. This color looks beautiful on it's own, but I particularly love layering a gold shadow on top to add a little extra dimension and sparkle.

730 Praline is honestly the most beautiful rose gold cream shadow I have ever seen. It is absolutely stunning on its own as a light wash of color that brightens the lids, and it also works as the perfect base for my champagne-y eyeshadows (Yesterday I wore it underneath MAC's All That Glitters and could not get enough). I could see this quickly becoming an everyday staple for me.

Formula: Very creamy to the touch, making it a dream to blend and apply. The soft texture did worry me a bit, though... Since I have oily eyelids, I expected it to crease very quickly without an eyeshadow primer

Longevity: Despite my concerns, I noticed only very minimal creasing after a solid 10 hours of wear!! *gasp* While I love MAC, this beauty outlasted my beloved paint pot, and at a fraction of the price ($8).

More Swatches:

710 Caramel
730 Praline
L: 730 Praline R: 710 Caramel
The shadows also come with a tiny applicator brush hidden inside of the lid. While I prefer to use my finger, the brush is surprisingly decent at picking up the shadow, and the bristles are pretty soft.


All in all, I am so pleased with this purchase. Revlon really outdid themselves, as the quality of these shadows surpasses some high end brands! I highly recommend stocking up at your local CVS the next time they have a Revlon promotion :)

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment