Monday, August 21, 2017

Easy Bronzed Makeup

While I don't tend to wear much makeup in the summer, from time to time I like to switch it up and go for something a little more "done" and polished. The products mentioned in this post have been my go-tos lately for when I want to put a little more effort into my look without sacrificing a lot of time. In total, I'd say this routine only takes about 10 minutes! Keep reading to get a step-by-step breakdown.



FACE


1. I started by applying my favorite SPF/primer from Cotz.

2. To keep things light, I skipped foundation and just applied the Maybelline Fit Me concealer (I'm shade 15 Fair) underneath my eyes and on any blemishes or redness. I used my favorite Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it all out.



3. I set the concealer with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (shade Natural) and the Real Techniques powder brush.

4. I passed on blush and simply applied my favorite NARS Laguna bronzer liberally to my cheeks, temples, and jawline to warm up my face and make me look a bit more tanned (I used the same powder brush as before).


EYES/LIPS


1. The first product I applied to my eyes was my trusty NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to the inner corners and brow bone. It really brightens up the eyes and helps make you look more awake, plus it blends super easily with your fingers.


2. After applying a quick layer of NYX eyeshadow primer to prevent creasing, I took a bronze cream eyeshadow (I love this one from Revlon- see my review here) with my finger and applied it to my lids. 



3. For eyeshadow, I used the OG Urban Decay Naked Palette, a long-time favorite of mine. You really can't go wrong with the quality and variety of UD shadows, and the palettes truly last for ages. I applied Sidecar all over my lid, directly on top of the cream shadow.



4. To blend out the edges of the shadow, I took a fluffy brush and applied Naked through my crease.



5. For liner, I smudged the Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Whiskey on my top lash line.

6. I finished off the eyes by curling my lashes and applying the Marc Jacobs Major Volume mascara.


7. For brows, I quickly brushed them out and filled them in with my NYX Microbrow pencil in Taupe.

8. I finished off the entire look by applying a light coral gloss from Benefit.



*Optional*: Lock in your makeup look (especially on humid summer days) with a setting spray.

And that's it! Super quick and easy (yet still put-together) bronzed makeup. Scroll for more pics of the finished look:








Thanks so much for reading!

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment