Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Winter Skincare Swapout

As we head into the colder months I tend to swap out a few of my skincare products in favor of gentler alternatives.

1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser and Moisturizing Cream: Since the cold winter air tends to dry out your skin, try swapping your harsh acne cleanser for something more gentle. Cetaphil is great for all skin types, and it has never caused breakouts on my sensitive skin. The Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream can be used on both face and body- it's thick but it sinks right in, leaving skin soft (not greasy). 

2. Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub: Sugar scrubs are perfect for dry, winter skin. As opposed to salt-based scrubs, sugar scrubs leave the skin incredibly hydrated. I love using this one once or twice a week to get rid of any dead skin and leave my body feeling super smooth; not to mention Soap & Glory products smell delicious.

3. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter: Body butter >>> Body lotion. If I use normal lotion in the winter, my skin will just revert back to its original ashy/scaley state the next day. Body butter, on the other hand, sinks into the skin and leaves it moisturized for days on end. I especially love the thick texture of the Body Shop's body butter, and it comes in a variety of scents.

4. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream: This is a miracle worker for those god awful skin/lip cracks that tend to happen in the colder months. Put on this heavy-duty balm overnight and it will heal your skin like magic. It's also great for scrapes and scabs.

5. L'Aromarine Vanille Perfume: This isn't necessarily a skincare product, but I thought I would throw it in here because I love switching out my perfume in the winter. I picked up this particular scent from Anthropologie, and it is one of my favorites- a classic warm vanilla, perfect for the colder months. It's also super cheap!

Stay warm!
xoxo Lizzie 

4 comments:

  1. I really like the packaging of the vanilla perfume. It's like it comes straight from the beginning of the XXth century...

    Mika | La French Connection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I love your blog so much I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Congrats on all your awesome work! Keep it up!
    Here is the post you were mentioned in: http://www.herlittlesoapbox.com/theliebsteraward

    ReplyDelete