Sunday, January 17, 2016

Winter Fashion Staples

With second semester right around the corner, I created a roundup of my winter fashion essentials. Coming from Florida, my first Boston winter (the snowiest on record, of course) was not easy. However, these frequently worn items made the cold so much more bearable:



1. Bean Boots: These are a true winter godsend. Even when I had to trudge through piles and piles of snow and sludge, my Bean Boots remained durable. Although they are a bit pricey, they are one of the best and most practical fashion investments you can make. When they finally wear down (which will take many years), LL Bean will replace them for free. 

2. Heavy Duty Snow Jacket: Another well-worth it LL Bean investment. If I had to pick only one coat for winter, it would be this one. I wore it nearly every day last winter,  and it kept me warm and comfortable despite horrible the wind and below-freezing temps. 

3. Dressy Coat: This isn't a totally necessary piece, but for nicer occasions like shopping or going out to dinner, it's great to have a more formal, neutral-toned coat. Shades like camel, gray, or blush go with everything, and throwing this on before heading out the door will make you instantly put together. I've seen awesome affordable options at H&M, Forever 21, and Primark.

4. Beanies: The best (and cutest) way to keep your head and ears warm. These two are from Anthropology, but you can find affordable options almost anywhere.

5. Blanket Scarves: I wear a scarf nearly every day in the winter, so it's great to have a variety of warm and cozy ones to choose from. I particularly love the selection at Target.

6. Technology Gloves: Every time I leave the house on a cold day thinking my pockets will keep my hands warm enough, I immediately regret not grabbing a pair of gloves. These ones are particularly great since they are touchscreen compatible!

7. Ribbed Tights: Sheer tights are definitely a no-go in the winter. When I'm not wearing leggings I'm wearing tights, so a thick, warm pair is crucial for keeping my legs warm. 

For me, winter fashion is all about the outerwear. Having great staple pieces and a variety of accessory options makes your wardrobe appear more expansive. Feel free to let me know what your essentials are!

xoxo Lizzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment