Thursday, January 21, 2016

Healthy Dorm-Friendly Breakfast Ideas


With 8 am classes every day this semester, I tend to put sleep above everything when it comes to getting ready in the morning. That being said, I can’t skip breakfast unless I’m tryna fall asleep and lose focus in class (which I’m not). Here’s what I stash in my dorm room to fuel me up and actually keep me full for most of the morning:

The Goods:
  • Stash of bananas 
  • Jar of almond or peanut butter
  • English muffins
  • Oatmeal (if you have a microwave)
  • Greek yogurt 
  • Lara bars 
The Tools:
  • Bowl
  • Spoon
  • Knife
(super complicated, I know)
  • Bananas and some sort of nut butter are the key to my DIY dorm breakfasts. I put them in/on everything, not to mention bananas are a perfect mid-morning snack. 
  • English muffins are cheap, delicious, and great for making mini sandwiches with said fruit and nut butter.
  • Instant oatmeal comes in tons of flavors and is super easy to make if you have water and a microwave. For an extra touch, I add some fruit and mix in some nut butter (bet you didn’t see that coming!!)    
  • I often find Greek yogurt on sale at the grocery store for 10/$10. This is the fastest of all the breakfast options, yet still filling.
  • If I’m really running late, I’ll grab a Lara bar or some other protein bar (preferably one without a lot of sugar) to at least get something in my system. Speaking of bars, I also love dried fruit bars as a pick-me-up between classes (That’s It and Trader Joe’s make delicious ones).
I hope this post helps those of you struggle to get out of bed as much as I do! Don’t forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, kids. 

xoxo Lizzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment