Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Liz Loves: Lush

About five years ago I discovered Lush Cosmetics through a Michelle Phan YouTube video, and ever since it has been one of my favorite beauty brands.


First of all, the store. smells. AMAZING. Seriously, you can catch a whiff of the aroma from four or five blocks away. It's the perfect place to browse around on those "Treat Yoself" kind of days, because  tbh many Lush products are not necessities. Sure, bath bombs (Sex Bomb is my all time fave because of it's beautiful rosy scent) and bubble bars make for a heavenly experience and a great Insta, but I don't rush back to the store when I run out of them. However, there are certain products that I really miss when I don't have them on hand. Here are some of my Lush essentials:


Big is the most unique shampoo I've ever tried. It has a thick consistency with chunks of sea salt, perfect for a deep clarifying scalp treatment. It smells great and gives my fine hair tons of volume. Not to mention a little bit goes a long way.

Solid shampoo bars seem a bit sketchy, but they're actually amazing. Seanick (pictured above) is known as the solid shampoo alternative to Big, and it's so convenient for travel since you don't have to worry about spillage or ounce restrictions. I normally take the bar and rub it back and forth on my scalp around four or five times, and it forms a great lather. These things last for ages and are much cheaper (at around $10) than Lush's traditional shampoos. 


Ocean salt is my go-to facial exfoliant. It is awesome if you struggle with blackheads or flaky skin, and I tend to reach for it about once or twice a week to get a nice refresh. I particularly like the self-preserving version because for some reason it leaves my skin feeling more moisturized and less stripped than the original.  

Catastrophe Cosmetic is one of Lush's Fresh Face Masks, meaning it needs to live in the refrigerator  for its life span of about a month. It is amazing for soothing redness and helping draw out the gunk from my pores. All of Lush's Fresh Face masks are made with fantastic ingredients, and they have different ones for every skin type. I typically pick one up when I start to accumulate empty Lush jars, because if you bring in 5 to any store, they will recycle them for you and give you a free Fresh Face Mask!

Honey Trap is my HG lip balm. I used to have to carry around Burt's Bees constantly for my dry lips, but with Honey Trap my lips stay moisturized for the entire day. Definitely a winner.


This product is a true skin savior. It's a luxurious, beautifully scented in-shower moisturizer, eliminating the need to apply lotion or body butter after you bathe. I love using it in the summer when I get burnt, as it soothes and heals the skin. I also love it in the winter when my skin gets particularly dry and ashy. Basically, I love it all year-round. I don't have it right now, and that makes me very sad. 

MISCELLANEOUS: Gifts

Before Lush, I struggled to pick out gifts for my friends. But now that's all changed. For any occasion, I can simply pop over to Lush and pick out an adorably wrapped gift that anyone, especially those who love a little pamper, would appreciate. I mean, who doesn't like bath bombs?!?!

What are your favorite Lush products?
xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment