Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Five Minute Routine: College Makeup (Drugstore Edition)

As mentioned previously, having 8 am classes everyday makes me sacrifice much of my typical morning routine for sleep... However, with these quick and easy products on hand I can always find time to slap some makeup on and look a bit more put together.



Starting with the face, I LOVE the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. It's a true tinted moisturizer: lightweight and hydrating with just enough color to even out my redness. Bonus: it has SPF 30- yay for less wrinkles! I set it with a bit of Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which is well-loved as you can see. This stuff never makes me look cakey and honestly does a better job of controlling my oily T zone than other high-end powders I've tried. Lastly, for a bit of color I reach for my NYX blush in Pinched year-round. It is a peach blush with enough shimmer and warmth to liven up my pale skin without looking orangey or unnaturally glittery. If you've had your eye on NARS Orgasm blush, this is a great dupe, not to mention it costs about $30 less. Lol.

Most days, I keep my eye makeup simple and defined. My NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is the best inner corner/browbone highlight. I blend it in with my fingers and BOOM: I look fresh af and ten times more awake. Onto eyeliner, I love a simple & chic cat eye. The Maybelline Masterprecise eyeliner is basically identical to the Stila Stay All Day liquid liner and makes the eyeliner application process super quick and easy. I tend to switch up my mascaras, but I can never resist the classic Great Lash, especially with that packaging. Finally, for brows I love the Maybelline Brow Drama for some tint, definition, and hold (without making my brows stiff or uncomfortable).

And for the lips I sweep on a touch of NYX gloss. This particular shade is Beige, but all of their colors are gorgeous. It provides the perfect amount of pigment and feels just like a balm on the lips. Super low-maintenance. 

This entire process honestly takes 4-5 minutes and makes such a huge difference in my appearance and confidence. It also helps that these products are very budget-friendly for those of you who are in school like myself, or simply love a good bargain. Let me know if you have any drugstore products you can't live without! 
xoxo Lizzie

1 comment: