Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Fake Tan Plan for Summer

I will be back home in Florida in exactly 3 days! I'm looking forward to the sunshine (it's been pretty dreary here lately), but I am not looking forward to how pasty my skin will look in comparison to my bronzed/glowing/sun-kissed friends and family members. Since it takes me a painstakingly long time to get a tan line, and because I'm not trying to get skin cancer or premature wrinkles, I like to help my skin out a bit by adding some fake color. Here are some of the products I'll be relying on most this summer to keep my skin looking healthy and (somewhat) less pale.


1. Jergens Natural Glow (Foam): This stuff is great- I've always been afraid to try a tanning mousse in fear of turning into a streaky orange mess, but this product is super easy to apply and blend in. I find it takes about 2-3 applications to get the color I want, and if I'm really good about keeping up with it, I'll reapply once a week. Even when it fades I don't find it looks patchy or unnatural.

2. Jergens Natural Glow (Lotion): Using this lotion in combination with the mousse really helps the color last in between applications. Even though I'm pretty fair, I like to use the Medium/Dark lotion because it adds a little more warmth and glow to my skin without making me looking orange or unnaturally tan. Again, application is really easy (just like any other lotion) and not streaky :)

3. Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 (Lotion): I always try to wear SPF on my face, but in the summer it's time to step it up. I like to carry a little bottle of this in my purse or beach bag so I can reapply it throughout the day, especially if it's particularly muggy out. It smells good, isn't as greasy as most high-SPF sunscreens, and fortunately doesn't irritate my skin. I'm still on the lookout for something a little lighter to sit better underneath makeup.

4. Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 30 (Spray): I wish they made a perfume out of this scent! The delicious coconut smell is definitely the main reason why I use it, but it also works well for beach days and other hot/sweaty outdoor activities. Of course, reapplication is still always a good idea.

5. Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Lotion: No matter how careful I am, an occasional sunburn is pretty much inevitable when I'm exposed to the intense Florida sun every summer. This lotion makes things a little bit better with its cooling effect and delicious scent.

6. Hawaiin Tropic SPF 45 Lip Balm: Because I have surprisingly never had sunburnt lips and definitely don't intend to in the future.

7. Summer Fragrance: This post was originally supposed to revolve more around fake tanning and suncare but I thought I'd throw in this delicious perfume for good measure! I've mentioned it before, but it literally smells like the most nostalgic combination of sunscreen, the beach, and coconuts. Love.

It's also worth noting that aside from the perfume, every single one of these products can be purchased from your local drugstore!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment