Friday, June 3, 2016

Beantown Bites: Vegan Ice Cream???

If I had to chose only one dessert to have for the rest of my life, it would most definitely be ice cream. I grew up in a family of ice cream lovers, our freezer constantly stocked with at least 4 flavors and a few pints of gelato. One of my best friends from BU, Nicole, shares with me a love of ice cream, and introduced me to one of the yummiest and most unique ice cream spots in Boston.


FoMu is a little cafe/ice cream shop that sells entirely plant-based sweets. Although I was initially skeptical about vegan, nondairy ice cream, I was very pleasantly surprised with my first experience. Even the smallest scoop is jam-packed with richness and flavor, as there is very little air in the ice cream itself. They have an amazing selection of flavors, from classics like cookie dough to seasonal flavors like dark chocolate peppermint. Their bakery treats are equally as delectable, my favorite being the Wonderbar (pictured above), a delicious combination of cookie pieces, nuts, chocolate, and coconut.










Aside from the amazing selection of desserts, I find the brand's mission of operating as a locally sourced, 100% plant-based company very inspiring. Their eco-friendly aesthetic carries over to every little detail- even their spoons are completely biodegradable! 

I was definitely guilty of indulging in FoMu quite a few times before/during/after finals week. I mean when all the desserts are literally made out of plants they have to be good for you right?! 

Next on my list to purchase is one of their frappes or smoothies. And I will definitely be finding an occasion to justify ordering an entire ice cream cake soon...the addiction is real.

Lizzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment