Friday, January 13, 2017

My MAC Palette


Over time I have curated my 'holy grail' MAC eyeshadow palette. These are the only colors I really need to create any look I desire, and the compactness of the Z Palette that I use to hold the shadows is perfect for storage and travel.

Top Row: Vanilla, Omega, Concrete
Middle: Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Patina
Bottom: Sable, Satin Taupe, Moth Brown (LE)






















L to R: Vanilla, Omega, Concrete, Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Patina, Sable, Satin Taupe, Moth Brown (LE)

Row 1: Mattes (L to R): Vanilla, Omega, Concrete

Row 2: Washes of Color (L to R): Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Patina

Row 3: Darken the Look (L to R): Sable, Satin Taupe, Moth Brown (LE)
While the quality of all of the shadows is wonderful, on an everyday basis I tend to just apply one of the shimmery colors from the middle row all over the lid for a subtle wash of color. I often favor Naked Lunch, not just because it was my first MAC eyeshadow but also because on me it's a 'your lid but better' color, evening out my lids and adding just the right amount of sheen. 

The matte shades are very versatile, particularly Omega, which I can use all over the lid, to blend out the crease, or even to fill in my brows. 

If I'm going for a more 'done' look, I will incorporate one of the darker colors into my outer corner/crease. I love that I have both warm and cool tones to choose from. Any of the darker colors are also perfect for lining the lower lash line- they add definition without being too harsh.

I want to add that MAC have recently reduced the price of their single pan eyeshadows from $11 to $6! While they also sell their own palettes, I prefer the compactness of the Z Palette, as well as how easily it allows me to remove and rearrange my shadows.

What are your favorite MAC shadows?

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment