Friday, January 27, 2017

Winter Nails

I wanted to put together a quick post to round up all of my favorite winter nail polish shades. These 5 colors have been my go-tos for the past couple of months, and I think all of them would flatter any skin tone.


Clockwise, from top left:

1. OPI Jade is the New Black: An OPI classic. This rich, jewel-toned green is a nice change from your conventional reds and pinks, yet still neutral enough to wear on an everyday basis. It's quite Christmas-y, but I love it and wear it throughout the entire fall and winter.

2. Essie Bahama Mama: A beautiful dark berry shade. Because it's not overly purple or overly pink, it looks super sophisticated on the nails. Bravo, Essie.

3. OPI You Don't Know Jacques!: I'll admit, this color looks like poop in the bottle. But when I saw it on my friend's nails I knew I had to have it. It's much more than just brown; it has a taupe-y gray undertone that makes it super wearable, and it goes with any outfit.

4. Essie Coconut Cove: Whenever I'm feeling the "Winter White" vibes, I reach for this guy. It has a bit of creaminess that makes it look luxurious in comparison to some white polishes I've tried that looked like I straight up dumped white out on my nails. Although I'm paler than ever, this white is still light enough to make me look like I at least have a little bit of color. And everyone knows that "no white after Labor Day" isn't actually a thing anymore.

5. OPI Got the Blues for Red: The only dark red you'll ever need in your collection. I think this vampy wine shade is much more subtle, sophisticated, and flattering than a bright cherry red. I've been wearing it year after year and it still hasn't worn off on me.

I apologize for the lack of brand variety in this post, but I think you just can't beat the formula and color selection of OPI and Essie, especially when they are constantly releasing fun new collections. I'm already eyeing the peachy pinks in the Essie Spring 2017 campaign...

xoxo Lizzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment