Monday, January 23, 2017

Signature Scents

I don't think anyone on the internet is particularly great at describing scents, but that doesn't stop me from watching candle hauls and perfume collection videos. Today, I'm sharing my absolute staple perfumes, and I'll try my best to do their aromas justice.



In no particular order...

1. Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede - "A charming mix of peonies, red apple, jasmine, rose and gillyflower, all mingling with a sensual blush suede" While I have no idea what a "sensual blush suede" is, this fragrance is my year-round go-to. To me, it is a subtle, sophisticated floral scent. I think the hint of red apple gives it some freshness to prevent the floral notes from being too sickening. I actually went to the Jo Malone counter and tested every single one of their perfumes (considering there are like 100 scents, it took some time) before deciding on this one. It's simply the best!

2. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White - "a captivating blend of delicate peony, chic muget, and tend musk for a feminine scent with dark sophistication" The Olsen twins honestly killed the fragrance game. I tested each of the Elizabeth and James perfumes and loved all four. So when I received Nirvana White for Christmas, you could say I was very pleased. To me, this perfume is the perfect balance of musky and floral- not too rich to wear during the day, but still suitable for a night out. Because the floral notes are subtle, it too is perfect for year-round application.

 3. Burberry London - "This floral-fresh scent has gentle top notes of rose and honeysuckle, deep heart notes of tiare flower, jasmine and peony and a hint of fresh clementine zest. Solar notes of sandalwood, musk and patchouli add a subtle warmth to create an inspiring fragrance" This is my signature fall/winter scent. The best way I can describe it as warm, musky, and slightly spicy. It just makes me think of cozying up in a blanket and roasting chestnuts on an open fire tbh. 

4. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb - "This floral explosion releases a profusion of flowers that has the power to make everything seem more positive. Magically evocative notes immediately awaken your deepest senses, giving you the impression of living life in your own secret garden, away from reality. Sambac jasmine, centifolia rose, cattleya orchid, and ballerina freesia bloom on a base of patchouli" I am a sucker for sweet scents, and this perfume just nails it. Despite the name, it doesn't scream "floral" to me. I think the floral scents were concocted in just the right way to achieve the perfect balance of sweet, yet sophisticated. I got this small bottle using my points at Sephora, and now I really want the full size... 

5. Giorgio Armani Sun di Gioia - "Sun di Gioia captures the warmth of the Mediterranean sun. Radiant and feminine, shiny and joyful, the fragrance evokes the scent of salty skin—and like a second skin, it is in complete, joyful harmony with the woman who wears it" SUMMER IN A SCENT!! This is beachy, coconut-y goodness. It smells slightly of old school sunscreen but I am totally okay with smelling like I just came from a 5 Star beach resort

*HONORABLE MENTION* goes to my high school fave, Vera Wang Princess! It definitely satisfied the sweet scent lover that I am with its notes of vanilla. After going through two whole bottles I naturally got tired of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually repurchased.

What's your signature scent?

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment