Friday, April 21, 2017

Testing 3-Ingredient Pancakes (Vegan-Friendly)

I have definitely gotten in a rut with breakfast foods. My typical selection is either greek yogurt, oatmeal, or an english muffin, and if I'm really in a rush I'll just grab a protein bar as I'm heading out the door. After scrolling through Pinterest to try and find some healthy food inspiration, a couple of 3-ingredient vegan pancake pins caught my eye. First of all, I already owned all of the ingredients, and second of all, I've been wanting to try more vegan-friendly, plant-based recipes (Niomi Smart is a huge health inspiration for me, as well as my friend Kailey, who has her own mommy blog). My current diet definitely isn't vegan, or even vegetarian, but I think incorporating meals like this into my routine is a good start.

As a big pancake fan, I was so surprised by how filling and delicious these were- and how easy they were to make! They definitely helped curb my sweet tooth throughout the day and kept me from snacking too much in the afternoon. And considering how cheap the ingredients are, this recipe is definitely a win!

What you'll need:
1/2 of a banana
1/2 C almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1/2 C quick oats


And that's it! This is optional, but I added a dash of cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Lean1, which is gluten and lactose free, but not 100% vegan. Next time I want to try a plant-based option like Vega).

Once you have your ingredients, just combine in a blender to create your batter.


Pour the batter into a non-stick pan on medium heat, and cook each side for a couple of minutes (until browned).


Here's my first attempt:


The second attempt was more successful:


And that's it! I topped my pancakes with some maple syrup, almond butter, and fresh raspberries, but this recipe is very customizable. The ingredients were enough for one big serving- I probably could've saved some of the batter for later, but I was really hungry...lol.

Last but not least, make sure you document your culinary creation with plenty of pictures.



Thanks for reading! Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment