Tuesday, April 25, 2017

OOTD: Denim & Florals

It's finally spring here in Boston! With the weather getting warmer and the flowers beginning to bloom, I decided to take advantage of the scenery at a nearby park.



This button-down denim dress is a perfect piece to have on hand for spring and summer because it can be layered and styled in so many different ways. You can wear it belted, underneath a blazer or cardigan, or even tucked into a skirt, but this time I decided to wear it as-is with a pretty floral scarf.

I've been trying to wear scarves more often and try tying them in different ways. To create this look, I folded the scarf in half multiple times until it was only a couple of inches wide. Then I simply wrapped it around my neck and tied a knot slightly below my collar. I love how soft and lightweight this scarf is, and the fringe details on the end add an unexpected touch. Moral of the story: Banana Republic make some great scarves!









I kept the rest of the accessories simple with some pearl studs, a couple of bracelets, and (surprise surprise) my J.Crew handbag. You'll also recognize my pink flats from a previous outfit post. They're so comfy, and they're also surprisingly easy to clean- I got little dirty walking through some of the park grounds, and any mark or smudge came off easily with a damp washcloth.






Dress: Gap (newer versions here, here, and here) // Scarf: Banana Republic // Wrap bracelet: Local boutique (similar here) // Cape Cod Bracelet // Flats: Francesca's (very similar) // Purse: J.Crew // Earrings: H&M

Photos courtesy of Taylor Dichello
xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment