Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring Beauty Swapout

With warmer weather finally here, I thought I'd go over a few beauty products I've introduced into my routine, from skin to hair to makeup. Some of these are older items that I'm trying to use up (#springcleaning), and others are new discoveries that are quickly becoming favorites. In no particular order...


Essie Topless and Barefoot: I've been searching for the perfect nude polish, and this is definitely the one. It's a beige with slightly pink undertones, which works really well on my fair skin. I have a feeling it'll turn into my most-worn shade, since it goes with literally any outfit

Lancôme Crème Radiance Cleanser: I found this sample hidden in my bathroom cabinet back home. I believe it was part of a gift with purchase deal, so I didn't have very high expectations. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how well this face wash cleaned my skin. You only need the smallest amount to get a good, creamy lather, and it washes away any leftover traces of makeup. Moisturizer is definitely a must after using this, but it'll be great to use in the hot summer months, or anytime after I've worn a full face of makeup. The 2oz tube will last me ages!

Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Dry Shampoo: Another unexpectedly good sample product. I received the Nirvana White perfume for Christmas, and the package also came with this dry shampoo (sidetone: do all perfumes have coordinating dry shampoos?? I was never aware of this concept but I love it). I cracked it open a few weeks ago, and despite my attempts to use it sparingly, it's almost empty. Final verdict- it's amazing. I've never used a product that works so well at sucking up all of the oil on my day 2 (or even day 3) roots. And while it applies white, it's super easy to blend into the scalp. I really want to repurchase this, but it's so expensive...ugh! *sheds single tear*

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Shade 15 Fair): I've been searching for a good multipurpose concealer, and I've heard only good things about this one. I've had it for just over a week, but so far, so good! It has a thin consistency, blends out well, doesn't look cakey, and when applied under the eyes, it doesn't crease after I set it. The coverage isn't super high, but it still easily covers my redness and discoloration

NYX Micro Brow Pencil (Shade Taupe): I've never tried a high-end brow pencil, so I can't compare this to the Anastasia Brow Wiz or the Benefit Goof Proof, but I think it's a gem for the price. The pencil is very thin and not too pigmented, so you don't have to be super careful when applying it. Bonus: it comes with a spoolie brush on one end, and you don't have to sharpen the pencil

MAC Creme Cup Lipstick: The perfect light pink shade for spring. I've actually had this lipstick for a couple years, so I want to use it up this spring/summer and make room for new purchases. I love MAC's cremesheen formula- it's really comfortable on the lips, but still pigmented. And the chic black packaging is always a win

MAC Morning Frost Paint Pot: Another product that I want to use up, not because it's bad, but because I've had it for a few years and it's bound to dry up soon. I'm really impressed with how long MAC Paint Pots go without drying out- this shimmery taupey-gray shade is still going strong. While I enjoy using it, I think the Revlon creme eyeshadows are a great alternative (see my review here) at a fraction of the price. The Revlon ones also last longer without creasing on me!

Thanks for reading this beauty round-up!

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment