Monday, March 6, 2017

What I Packed for Spring Break

I am currently back home in sunny Florida for 10 whole days for my spring break, so I thought I'd share what I packed with you all! Since I was restricted to a carry-on luggage, I definitely pared things down and packed a few versatile pieces that I could mix and match. Keep reading to see the full run down...



TOPS
I packed 3 short sleeve tops: a black and white striped one (not currently available, but this one is cute and similar!), a black one, and a blush pink one. All are v-necks, as that's just the style I find most flattering on me. Two out of the three are also from American Eagle. Randomly, AE has the softest tees, and you can often find them on sale!

I also threw in two button down tops: one is pink gingham, and the other is blue and white striped. These are good to have on hand because Florida isn't always sunny and 75 in early March, but when it is warm they do make great beach coverups.

Lastly, I brought along a neon pink workout tank from Old Navy that I could wear casually or for working out (as well as a couple of Nike workout shorts hidden underneath).

All of these tops go really well with the bottoms I packed, which I'll get to in a moment.

DRESSES
I restricted myself to two dresses this trip (well, technically one is a romper). I get so much wear out of this navy and white striped t-shirt dress, and it's a perfect piece to take on vacation because it can be styled so many ways- belted, tucked into shorts, as a beach coverup, etc. I also wanted to have a dressier one-piece on hand, and this patterned romper (pictured right above the neon pink tank) from Target is so comfy, yet still chic and fun (see more Target options here).

SHOES
To continue the pattern of twos, I also stuck to just two neutral-toned, comfortable sandals. I love the unique metallic/snakeskin/nude strap combo on the first pair (see a not very similar, but still fun alternative here), and as you can tell, my brown braided pair is also very well-loved.

ACCESSORIES
I didn't want to forget to mention this adorable floral scarf from Banana Republic (pictured below the neon pink tank). It has subtle traces of blush pink and light blue that will complement any of the tops I packed (see here for similar).

In terms of bags, I brought my new favorite brown crossbody that I featured in this post a couple weeks ago.

Also shout out to my BU Swimming and Diving hat in the mesh pocket!! This hat and my Ray Ban wayfarers are my go-to, skin-cancer-fighting beach essentials.


BOTTOMS
I packed three staple 'spring break' bottoms: denim cutoffs, white lace shorts (similar), and a white skirt. Lightweight, wrinkle-resistant, easy to pack...what more can I say?



JEWELRY
Many of these pieces have been featured in previous posts, but they're simply my favorites! They're easy to mix and match, and they also fit nicely into the little blue KJP box.

I wanted to mention that I was lucky enough to find this beautiful rose gold Michael Kors watch this past summer at my local TJ Maxx for only $99! I did find a fairly similar one here, but I definitely recommend scoping out your local TJ Maxx/Marshalls before splurging on a full-price watch. 

I hope you found this post helpful. Happy spring break!

xoxo Lizzie

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool, especially with all the links! Will you please help me make my blog better?

    You're an inspiration.

    Xoxo kalli

    ReplyDelete