Thursday, March 16, 2017

Pink Gingham

After writing my "What I Packed for Spring Break" post, I wanted to share one of the looks I put together with the pieces I brought with me to Florida. I have to admit that looking at these pictures is pretty painful considering I'm currently back in Boston with record low temps and a foot of snow on the ground :( Nonetheless, spring has to be just around the corner (right...?), and I know this white skirt/button down shirt combo will be a recurring theme in my wardrobe over the spring & summer seasons.







I feel like I've been seeing gingham everywhere lately, and it makes me so happy! Something about it (probably it's resemblance to a picnic blanket) screams "summer," especially when it's done in lighter pastel hues, like this blush pink. I actually got this shirt several years back at J.Crew (along with a mint green one), and I'm still obsessed! It's super lightweight and not restrictive whatsoever. Lately I've been tying the ends in a knot instead of tucking it in, and I love the more relaxed look it gives. Fortunately, they still sell it, and I'm itching to get this red one from J.Crew Factory and fully embrace the picnic blanket vibe...lol.

This white skirt is just perfect. Perfect length, perfect pleats, AND the waistband is elastic (bless). It also has 2 layers, so it's not sheer. Since I got it from Uniqlo at the tail end of last summer, I'm excited to put it to good use this year.

And are we surprised that I'm wearing this bag again? I can't get over how beautiful the gold detailing looks against the brown leather. Not to mention it actually holds a lot more than I expected! Wallet, phone, keys, sunglasses, a couple of makeup bits, and a snack, with plenty of room to spare.





Brown braided leather sandals are a staple, and I've worn this Steve Madden pair to death since purchasing them from DSW the summer before last. When I'm in Boston and don't have a car, I walk at least a few miles each day, so it's great to have a pair of sandals that are comfy and functional but still cute.

Lastly, my watch. I love how simple and clean the face is- not too showy or blingy. I talked about this in my "What I Packed Post," but seriously, check your local TJ Maxx and Marshalls for designer watches, because I got this beaut for less than $100!


Shirt: J.Crew // Skirt: Uniqlo (this material is slightly different, but the style is identical) // Shoes: Steve Madden // Bag: J.Crew // Watch: Michael Kors (similar, but difference face) // Earrings: H&M

Thanks for reading! Lizzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment