Thursday, March 30, 2017

Loafer Love

As you may have been able to tell from some of my previous posts, I've been on the hunt for a good pair of loafers this season. I was absolutely obsessed with this pair from J.Crew, but I couldn't justify shelling out that much cash. Luckily, when I was browsing the DSW website a few weeks ago, I stumbled across this pair of mules for only $40. Given that they looked much more expensive (ahem @Gucci), on top of they fact that I happened to have a $10 certificate, I placed an order within minutes.


The great thing about loafers/mules is that not only are they a timeless wardrobe staple, they are also super versatile and can be styled in many different ways. I went for a casual look here, pairing them with a pair of boyfriend jeans I got years ago on clearance at American Eagle. Sidenote- I didn't get too much wear out of these jeans back then (jeggings were basically the only pants I wore in high school...*cringe*), but I love that more relaxed fits have come back in style. These are the perfect length on me, hitting right above the ankle.

You might recognize this shirt from a previous post, but it was a great find at TJ Maxx. It's super thin and soft, so I know I'll be wearing it a ton this summer when the humidity skyrockets. I love the blue and white stripes, and I'm eyeing a few dressier, more structured versions (like this one) that would make perfect work blouses.






Lastly, I finished off the look with a few simple accessories. As you can see, I'm still all about the pearls!





Thanks so much for reading. Hopefully the weather gets above the 40s soon so I can style some warmer-weather looks!

Shirt: TJ Maxx (similar) // Coat: Belk's (on clearance for $10) // Jeans: American Eagle (similar) // Shoes: DSW // Necklace: KJP // Bracelets: Cape Cod Jewelers and KJP

And a huge thank you to my friend Taylor Dichello for taking the time to photograph me!

xoxo Lizzie

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie where is the blog on TITS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg how could I forget!! I hired a professional photog to follow us around last night. I'll get the pics up soon!

      Delete