Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Snow Day Chic

With BU's first official snow day of 2017 in the books, I thought I would share an outfit idea for those below-freezing days when motivation is lacking...but you still want to look cute.


 Just to give you an idea of the weather situation on this day...


Layer 1: The Indoors

The first "layer" of my outfit is simple but chic. It's perfect if you're going from the freezing outdoors to a cozy/crowded venue. Nothing is worse than being stuck in an overheated room when your lightest layer of clothing is a thick wool sweater.

This black turtleneck from Uniqlo is the star of the show. It's thin enough to keep you comfortable indoors, but acts like an insulating layer of Under Armour when you're outside trekking through the snow. It's super versatile and less than $15 (currently on sale for $10!)

I paired the turtleneck with a pair of high waisted jeans, and to dress it up a little I tied a silk scarf around my waist as a belt. To finish it off I added a little black bag and a pair of sparkly earrings that I found on major clearance at the J.Crew Factory outlet.






Layer 2: Braving the Blizzard

To brace myself for the outdoors, I added a scarf, a thick coat, and my beloved L.L. Bean Boots. This plaid scarf is a fall/winter classic, and I found it at Target for less than $20!

I can't live through the New England winters without my Bean boots. They are 100% worth the hype and are my go-tos come rain, snow, sleet, and sludge. Even if they aren't the most "going-out" appropriate shoes, this dark brown color is subtle and goes with everything. And I definitely don't want my nicer boots to get ruined when the sidewalks aren't plowed.

Thankfully it wasn't terribly windy outside on this day; otherwise I probably would've added a cardigan and a beanie as extra layers of protection.




Turtleneck: Uniqlo // Scarf: Target (basically identical) // Silk Scarf (belt): Banana Republic // Coat: Belk's (similar) // Jeans: Hollister // Earrings: J.Crew Factory (similar) // Bag: Primark (similar)

Also, if you're wondering about the festive background in my indoor pictures, I recently celebrated my 21st, and my lovely roomies decorated our apartment!!


I hope this post gives you some snow day fashion inspiration! But if you end up going with sweats and Uggs, I definitely don't blame you.

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment