Monday, February 13, 2017

Sephora Goodies

I recently stopped by Sephora to use up a gift card I had received for Christmas. Considering everything in that store catches my eye, it was very difficult to decide what to purchase. Keep reading to see some of my initial thoughts!



  1. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I've been wanting to try a setting spray for a while, so I decided to pick up the travel size of the ever-famous Urban Decay All Nighter. I don't see this as something I would use on a daily basis, but I think it would really come in handy to keep my make up in tact for nights out or during inclement weather (winter blizzards and humid summer days alike)
  2. Bite Beauty The Perfect Pair Amuse Bouche Lipsticks (Fig / Meringue): I feel like the Bite lipsticks have been very hyped up since their release, so I was curious to check out the formula of these 2 neutrals before committing to the full size. So far, I'm really impressed with the opacity and staying power of both shades. I normally experience a bit of transfer with creamy lipsticks when I eat/drink, but these guys didn't budge!
  3. Cover FX Cream Concealer: Unfortunately, I think I'll be returning this product. I'm on the hunt for a concealer that I can use both under my eyes and on blemishes for days when I want coverage but don't feel like applying a layer of foundation. This one blended really well over blemishes and was pretty creamy and thick in consistency, ideal for drier skin types. However, under the eyes it emphasized and settled into fine lines, which is upsetting considering I'm only 21!
  4. Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara: I got this as a 100 point perk but haven't tried it yet. One of the employees told me it's her holy grail mascara, so my expectations are high!
  5. First Aid Beauty Caffeine Matcha Wake Up Wipes: I am a night showerer, so when I wake up in the morning I typically just use a bit of toner to refresh my face before moisturizing and applying makeup. I thought these wipes would fit my morning cleansing needs perfectly, since they are infused with caffeine to "wake up" the skin. I am a bit skeptical as to if they will work better than a normal toner or cleansing wipe (especially at a $15 price mark for 25 wipes), so I will definitely keep you posted
  6. Sephora Caudalie Birthday Gift: Lastly, I picked out my 2017 Beauty Insider birthday gift. I was really impressed with this option, as Caudalie skincare is on the pricey side. This set comes with the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet and the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. One ounce of the serum retails at $80, and in this set you get .33 oz, so I'd say it's a pretty great deal! I'm really excited to start incorporating a serum into my daily skincare routine to see if it truly makes a difference 
Please lmk if you have any all-in-one concealer suggestions, or if you have a favorite beauty product from Sephora that I must try!

xoxo Lizzie

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to place a Sephora order, so now I think I need to lol

    www.weloveswatches.com

    ReplyDelete