Friday, February 3, 2017

Ciaté Liquid Velvet Lipstick Review

For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a trio of adorable mini liquid lipsticks from my best friend. Knowing Ciaté only as a nail polish brand, I was excited to try out their makeup range and put their products to the test. Keeping reading to see my thoughts...

L to R: Wonderland, Starlet, and Pin Up

First off, I'm a big fan of the color selection in this trio: a mauvey pink (Wonderland), a true red (Starlet), and a dark berry (Pin Up). Pin Up looks slightly scary when you swatch it on your hand but it's actually really pretty and a bit angsty!! (rawr). I feel like other sets and samplers from Sephora always have at least one unwearable color...like, ya girl isn't trying to leave the house with a bright teal lip. 

Second of all, the texture of the lipsticks is light and moussey, making them smooth to apply and comfortable to wear. I was a bit skeptical when I saw them marketed as a "moisturizing matte liquid lipstick," since that's definitely an oxymoron. I tend to stay away from liquid lippies because my lips get cracked/dry really easily, and I'd rather have to reapply a lipstick than wear some bulletproof formula that turns my lips into a collection of dead skin cells. 

Considering how comfortable these wear on the lips, they lasted surprisingly well. I put Starlet through 2 meals and a cup of coffee, and while it had faded slightly in the middle, it didn't transfer too much and reapplication wasn't 100% necessary (see my last post for pics of Starlet in action!). It also didn't start to feather and smear on the rest of my face or suck the hydration out of my lips. Yay!! 

Swatches:

Top to bottom: Pin Up, Starlet, Wonderland
Wonderland (natural light)
Pin Up (natural light)
While I believe the mini trio set was limited edition for the holidays, you can purchase a full size Liquid Velvet lipstick at Sephora for $19. With 21 shades offered, you have a great selection to choose from! Ironically, the one shade that is sold out is the bright teal. Apparently everyone else is way more adventurous than I am when it comes to rocking bold lips.

A big thank you to my friend Robin for gifting me this lovely set! I'm definitely going to see what else Ciaté has to offer in the makeup department.

xoxo Lizzie 

No comments:

Post a Comment