Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer Beauty Standouts

Seeing as tomorrow officially marks the first day of summer, I decided to devote this post to some of the products that tend to get more use during these hot months. Especially with the lack of central AC in Boston, I’ve been gravitating toward products that will help prevent oiliness and keep me feeling refreshed. I’ve pulled a good selection of some old favorites and new discoveries. Enjoy!


Ole Henriksen Cleansing Cloths: I saw these face wipes get a lot of exposure in the YouTube beauty community a couple of years ago, so when I saw them on sale at TJ Maxx for $5 I was definitely curious to try (I had just run out of my First Aid ones that I hauled here- they were nice, but too expensive to justify repurchasing). I especially love face wipes in the summer to cleanse my skin in the morning- they’re perfect for taking away excess oil without stripping skin, or even just to help refresh during a particularly sticky day.

Veet Wax Strips: I swear by wax strips- they’re the best way to get rid of unwanted hair without the struggle of razor burn, and the results last for weeks. With all the beach/pool days coming up, it’s great to have a more permanent hair removal option. This formula is by far the best and most effective one at the drugstore, with the sensitive formula noticeably reducing pain and post-wax redness.

Coffee + Vanilla Body Scrub: Another TJ Maxx find ($6), this scrub smells amazing. Aside from buffing away dead skin, it’s also supposed to help reduce uneven texture, as the caffeine in the coffee improves circulation.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum: I’m so glad I went with the skincare option for my Sephora birthday gift! This serum has been taking the place of my heavier night cream, as it sinks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling balanced, not greasy.

Lush Refresher Shower Jelly: I was definitely skeptical of Lush shower jellies, as they seemed unnecessarily gimmicky considering it would be easier to just use a normal gel. But when I got this one as a part of a birthday gift, I was so happily surprised. First of all, the citrusy smell is wonderful and energizing, and it lingers even after the shower. Second of all, application is actually really simple- I just break off a small piece and put it on my loofa, and it lathers really nicely. So glad I gave it a chance!

Batiste Dry Shampoo: A favorite of YouTubers everywhere, this dry shampoo is also available at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for very cheap (only $4-$5). It’s definitely the best drugstore dry shampoo I’ve used (I can’t quite say it tops my favorite Elizabeth and James one), as it soaks up oil quickly without requiring much blending. Darker hair colors will also approve!

Benefit Coralista Lip Gloss: I received this lil lippie in a gift set, and it’s been a staple in my summer bag for a couple years. I can’t be bothered to cake on much makeup in the summer, so this lip oil is perfect- comfortable to wear with a hint of a coral tint.

Lush Silky Underwear Dusting Powder: Weird name, but this powder works really nicely as a deodorant, especially if you have sensitive skin. While I normally use something like Dove for my underarms, this stuff is great to dust all over to help prevent that all-too-familiar sticky summer feeling.

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray: When I do wear makeup in the hotter months, a priming/setting spray is a necessity. I hauled this here and have been loving it ever since- it lives up to its name and makes a noticeable difference in my makeup’s lasting power (especially my foundation). When the heat literally feels like it’s melting my face off, it’s nice to have an extra layer of security (sidenote: this is 50% off right now)!

Thanks so much for reading!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment