Friday, June 2, 2017

St. Simons Island

Over Memorial Day weekend, I got the chance to visit St. Simons Island, GA. As I had only been there once before for a brief day-trip, I had such a wonderful time exploring the Island, biking to the beach, and eating some great seafood.


























On the first day of our trip, my boyfriend and I devoted most of our afternoon to exploring the beach town. The condo we stayed in was only 3 miles from the water, so we were able to use bikes as our main mode of transportation. Notable landmarks include the lighthouse and the pier, although I spent much of my time just wandering through the town itself. Everything is so quaint and cute- there are tons of locally-owned shops and restaurants to check out. I gravitated toward the boutiques full of beachy apparel, home decor, and beauty products.

One of the highlights of our trip was dining at Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill. I wish I had taken pictures of the food, because the fish entrees were phenomenal. On top of that, although we initially refused dessert, the waitress insisted on giving us a plate of their famous bread pudding on the house. Talk about customer service!

Outfit-wise, I relied on this nautical striped wrap dress to take me from day to night. The material is light and comfortable, and I just love all the details- the v-neck, fluttery sleeves, and tie around the wait in particular. I found this piece for an absolute bargain of $16 at Marshalls, but I have linked some similar options below. I paired it with simple pearl jewelry (sticking to the nautical theme) and my favorite brown leather sandals.


Dress: Marshalls (similar options here, here, and here) // Shoes: Steve Madden // Necklace and Bracelet: KJP

I hope you enjoyed this post. I also wanted to give a huge thank you to my boyfriend Ian for being my trusty photographer. Next week I will be sharing another look from my St. Simons trip, so stay tuned!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment