Thursday, February 25, 2016

Beantown Bites: The Best Grilled Cheese

In this little series, I want to show you some of the best food places I discover in Boston. There are an overwhelming number of restaurants in the city, so each time I go off campus for a meal I try to discover something new. Recently, my friend and I trekked into Allston to test out Roxy's Grilled Cheese, and it was certainly not disappointing.






















Roxy's started out as a food truck in Boston and now boasts 2 (soon to be 4!) brick and mortar locations. The aesthetic is so fun and unique, from the Pac-man accents to the "Fresh Ideas" wall for customer feedback. I ordered the Green Muenster Melt, made with muenster cheese, bacon, and fresh made guacamole. I've never had guac on my grilled cheese before so I was a bit skeptical, but the combination was heavenly. The sandwich was warm, fresh, and most importantly, packed full of ingredients (no skimping out on guac or cheese here). My friend Nicole stuck with a classic, the Three Cheese Melt with Vermont cheddar, muenster, and fontina cheeses. Needless to say, we didn't leave a crumb on our plates. It was the perfect lunch break, and I'll be sure to order from the Roxy's truck next time I spot it on campus. If you are ever in the Boston area, be sure to check it out!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment