Friday, March 11, 2016

Budget-Friendly Ulta Haul

Ulta is my all-time favorite beauty store. I love the combination of drugstore and high-end products they carry, and they also always have promotions and coupons. I recently popped into my local Ulta while home for spring break, and I'm excited to talk about the new goodies I picked up!




Starting with the Soap and Glory products, I picked up a body lotion and a hand cream (as they were BOGO 50% off). The Smoothie Star Body Milk lotion ($12) smells like an AMAZING combination of sweet almonds, coconut, and vanilla. If you like sweet (but not sickly) scents you have to check it out! I also wanted to try out their famous Hand Food hand cream. I picked up the travel size ($4) to keep in my backpack, and from the few times I've tried it, I understand the hype surrounding this product. It has Soap and Glory's traditional floral scent (fragrant but not overpowering- they know their scents!!) and doesn't leave a greasy film on my hands.

I also picked up a couple of makeup bits to replenish my stash. Starting with the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer ($9) in the brightening shade, I needed a new under eye concealer and decided to give this popular product a try. I've only worn it twice, but from what I can tell so far, the pink shade is perfect for brightening, is lightweight, and blends really easily. I've been blending it with my new Real Techniques Expert Face Brush ($9), the perfect density for liquid and cream products. I prefer it to the less-dense stippling brush I was using previously, as it seems to absorb less product and blend my foundation/concealer faster and more seamlessly.

Moving on to the NYX proof it! eyeshadow primer ($7), I had run out of my NYX HD primer and wanted to pick up a new one to help prevent creasing. It appears that the proof it! has replaced the NYX HD formula, and I tested it out on a hot, humid Florida day yesterday. I had it on for about 6-7 hours (which included a trip to the gym) and it didn't budge or crease! For someone with very oily eyelids (who doesn't want to shell out the cash on an Urban Decay or Nars primer), this was a major success! I didn't mean to leave on my makeup during my workout, but it turned out to be a great test run for this product.

Lastly, for skincare, I had run out of my night moisturizer and decided to try out the Aveeno Ultra-Calming night cream (on sale for $14). I love Aveeno products, as I use their gentle face wash everyday. They are made with simple and natural ingredients, which really suits my sensitive combination skin. I've only tried this a couple of times so far, but I'm already liking the consistency, and I can trust that it won't break me out considering how well my skin reacts to the cleanser.

Overall, I am really excited to continue using these products. It's a good thing they don't have an Ulta in Boston because I know I would pop over every weekend! Let me know if you have any HG products from Ulta that I should try!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment