Thursday, March 24, 2016

Go-to Spring Nails

Spring is officially here! Although I can't exactly dress for warmer weather just yet (thanks, Boston), I can celebrate the season with my favorite warm-weather nail colors. I love my darker jewel tones in fall/winter, but I always get eager to mix it up and start wearing pastels and brights. Today I'm going to take you through my top 6 nail colors for spring.

1. Starting clockwise from the left, I absolutely adore Essie Eternal Optimist. I mentioned this color in a previous post and I am surprisingly still just as obsessed with it. Like I said, I generally get sick of my nail color after a week or so, but I keep reapplying this guy. I'm still wearing it a month and a half later! It's the perfect combination of pink and beige, and it goes with absolutely everything.

2. Pop Beauty Naked Metal is a beautiful rose gold metallic polish. I love using it as an accent color, either on my ring finger or on the tips of my nails. I found it at Ulta a couple years back, but you should still be able to find it online. If not, Essie Penny Talk is very similar!

3. Butter London Trout Pout is my go-to coral. It looks more on the peachy side in this picture, but in person it is the perfect balance of pink and orange tones. If I had to pick one polish to use on my toes for the whole spring/summer, this would be it.

4. Essie Turquoise and Caicos is a classic. It's a beautiful subdued tiffany blue shade, not too neon or distracting on the nails. This was one of the first shades I purchased, and ever since it has always remained a staple during the warmer months.

5. Essie Cute As a Button is my favorite bright pink. It definitely leans more on the coral side of the spectrum, lacking the orange tones found in Trout Pout. Although I buy most of my polishes at Target or the drugstore, I actually found this one on Amazon for fairly cheap!

6. Essie Bikini So Teeny is a true pastel baby blue. In the bottle it looks slightly shimmery, but no glitters translate on the nail (which I prefer). I had been on the hunt for the perfect pastel blue, not too dark and not too bright, and I found this one to be the best balance. Tbh the adorable name really sold me as well!

Let me know your favorite warm weather polishes!

xoxo Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment