Wednesday, December 30, 2015

It's a Resolution

I know New Year's resolutions can seem a bit cliché, and they often don't seem to outlive the first couple weeks of January. I've found that in setting goals for the new year, aiming to completely reinvent myself is unrealistic and can lead to disappointment. Instead, I try to make small changes that I can actually accomplish and easily incorporate into my routine. Some ideas for 2016...
1. Get Creative.
Step One of this resolution was starting this blog (check!). Being in college can make it hard to nurture my creative side when all I seem to have time for is school and athletics. A couple of years ago, I bought a journal for the new year and used it to document my memories, and I continue to write in it today. I want to take my journaling a step further this year and dedicate one to creative content, whether it be ideas for this blog, sketches, inspirational quotes and images, etc. Basically a scrapbook of my current thoughts/what I'm loving. This may seem time consuming, but it's actually the perfect study break and a productive alternative to re-watching the entire Gilmore Girls series on Netflix. 

Link!

 2. Write Letters.
Nothing says "thoughtful" like a nice, old-fashioned, handwritten letter. In our fast-paced world, snail mail can seem inconvenient, but it can be fun to pick out stationary and send notes to loved ones. I plan to send a few surprise letters this year to my parents, grandparents, and other family members whom I know would cherish a little tangible token of my love ;)

I am obsessed with this store

3. Organize Yo Budget.
Ah, college. The time you realize that toilet paper is not free, and money can, in fact, evaporate into thin air. Preparing a monthly budget would not only put my mind at ease, but it would also make me less afraid to log in to my banking app to look at my checking account balance. Not to mention it would be good practice for the future when I have to do adult things (God forbid) like pay bills.

Feel free to share your own resolutions below. Happy 2016! ✨ 

xoxo Lizzie
P.S. If you get the Diplo reference in the title, ily.

No comments:

Post a Comment